Old 29-01-2015, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Steve Peek[_2_] Steve Peek[_2_] is offline

Default tom-tato?

On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 6:46:30 PM UTC-5, ~misfit~ wrote:
Once upon a time on usenet David Hare-Scott wrote:
[snipped]
Human urine is not concentrated enough to harm plants in the ground,
it might be possible if you flooded a potted plants but then you
might also find it a little aromatic for the patio or the front room
too.

My experience differs from your statement. I used to sleep in a 'sleep-out'
at my parents home and, as the toilet was inside and I am a night-owl I'd
often pee on the lawn / garden at night so as not to disturb others. I'd
take care to pee in a different place each time but still there would
sometimes be patches of lawn etc. that would brown off. There was no smell
of urine.

Now I realise that it could just be me and *my* urine that caused it but
once I started to 'spread it around', even (carefully) walking sideways as I
peed it ceased to be a problem and instead those areas started to grow
better than surroundings. That was a couple of decades ago and sowed the
seeds of my current micturition horticulture practices.

I have since found it much easier to pee in a bucket, dilute it ~10:1 with
water in the morning and use a watering can. That way it's not just the
closest area to my bedroom door that gets the benefit and I don't have to
worry about peeing on my legs or triping over while doing it. Also I no
longer live in a rural area and don't fancy getting arrested for indecent
exposure. ;-)
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Don't pee on the azaleas! I killed a 1/2 dozen of the missus's.