Old 02-02-2015, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Uplawski Michael Uplawski is offline

Default Brussels sprouts

.... and you should not suspect anything else behind those “Brssels
sprouts”... even if the metaphor won't stop to nag me now. Just ignore
any intelligent allegations that I might have subconsciously planted
here and there... I would really not know how to do that, if I wanted.

Darn.

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 08:12:47 +0100,
Michael Uplawski wrote:
Good morning,

almost paralyzed by the daily news and the perspective of having nowhere
else to go, I continue observing my garden and will even continue
constructing my greenhouse. Being less in the mood for « action » as
appears to be the rest of the world, I spend much time just perceiving
the changes... The mustard has almost completely rotten, the field salad
eventually looks like it could be edible and the radish does me the
favor to decay where it stands. So I won't have to clean it away in
spring.

But the Brussels sprouts are a little mystery to me. They appear to have
withstood frost and snow, icy winds and continue-, rather re-commence to
produce .., well they produce whatever you call the sprouts in English.

I have not yet had the courage to harvest ... them.., but want to ask
you two questions; perhaps you have more experience:

1. Will those late ... sprouts (we call them „Röschen” in German,
meaning “small roses”) be good for cooking or do they more probably
taste bitter ?
2. Would you keep the grains of those plants which survived the winter
for the next season? I bought them from Kokopelli, meaning that they are
*not* hybridized.

Thank you.

« Je suis Rémie Fraisse »

Michael - I have never been, am not and will never be Charlie - Uplawski.

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
GnuPG/OpenPGP 4096R/3216CF02 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]