Old 02-02-2015, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Climate Change?

On 3/02/2015 7:19 AM, Frank wrote:
On 2/1/2015 7:47 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
Over the years 2006-2013 in my area, the average daily low temperature
for January was 50F and the average daily high was 64F.

In 2014, the average daily low was 57F and the average daily high was
74F.

This year, the average daily low was 54F and the average daily high was
68F.

No, two years do not make a climate trend. However, I see year-to-year
increasing averages of lows and highs in my area over the entire 9 years
for which I have daily January data. I also see similar trends for the
other months over the 8 years for which I have daily data for each month.

Spotted this article on warming:

http://townhall.com/columnists/jeffj...story-n1951433

Conservative source but I also remember hearing it elsewhere.

The person who wrote that article you cite either a) can't read for
comprehension when checking sources, b) told lies about the sources he
says he's quoting, or, to be mildly charitable, c) didn't bother to
check the sources he says he's using.

The writer says that both NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies and
NOAA's National Climatic Data Center were less categorical about 2014
being the warmest year on record than what news accounts which all sya
that it was the warmest year on record. That is a total fiction, lie or
failure to understand on the author's part.

Both of those organisations state very, very clearly that 2014 WAS the
hottest year on record.

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/

He also goes on to propagate that old porky of "no global warming for 18
years". Again, on that score both of those organsations show that he's
clueless if he really does believe that:
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20150116/