Old 03-02-2015, 04:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Climate Change?

On 3/02/2015 12:16 PM, Stronzo Bestiale wrote:
On 2/2/2015 4:52 PM, Fran Farmer wrote:
s part.

Both of those organisations state very, very clearly that 2014 WAS the
hottest year on record.

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/

He also goes on to propagate that old porky of "no global warming for 18
years". Again, on that score both of those organsations show that he's
clueless if he really does believe that:
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20150116/

Good. I like it getting warmer.

:-)) Well it's been called 'climate change' now for quite some time as
opposed to the older name of 'global warming'. The climate may not get
warmer in certain spots. It will supposedly get more variable - longer
and hotter spells, colder and longer cold spells and more or less rain
and more savage weather events etc. In short, less predictable. that f
course is of great interest to use gardeners.

I'm having a cooler than usual summer and still havnet'had a ripe tomato
and my basil is pathetic. I'm hoping for a lot of hot weather in
February which is usually quite hot and the last chance for decent
warmth before Autumn comes in mid March.