Old 03-02-2015, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default A neighbour problem - yet again

On 02/02/2015 20:25, Christina Websell wrote:

We had a lovely conversation about birds. He claims to have seen a lesser
spotted woodpecker in his garden and mine, but I think it's more likely to
be a gsw. It's not impossible though. He hasn't said he saw a hawfinch..
Tina

If you do have a lesser put out some peanuts in the usual small bird
friendly hanging mesh feeder and it will quickly find it.

We sometimes get one in though haven't seen it for a while now.

Greater spotted is a lot more common and surprisingly nervous for such a
huge chunky bird. Everything scatters when it lumbers into view.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown