Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Old Codger

Default Harvest worker required (UK)

"Hamish Macbeth" wrote in message

"Old Codger" wrote in message
news:xwHT9.4087$xE1.588167@stones...
I suspect Oz might be similar.

You have likened Oz to Marconi Management, he may not understand

the
implications of that

Not really. Although the general approach was not unique, it was far
from being universal, and these two, particularly the boss, were more
than head and shoulders above all the others (at least all those I had
contact with).

Actually, I did have contact with two, possibly three, others who were
probably comparable. One was a GEC Director, the other a senior
technical manager within Thomson-CSF. The possible was an engineer
within Thomson-CSF (under the above manager) when I first met him who
had become a manager by the time of our second meeting - was probably
destined for higher things.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field