Old 04-02-2015, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FrankB FrankB is offline

Default first crocus out!

"Martin" wrote in message
On 3 Feb 2015 11:51:15 GMT, Emery Davis wrote:

Purple blooms poking through the snow! Awful weather here, cold and
slippery. In spite of that these are flowering a bit early, although the
snowdrops have been going for weeks now.

Snowdrops since Xmas. Crocuses in flower for a week, despite all rain

sleet snow
and hail.

Blimey! That's almost 2 months early. Our's started 2nd week in January and
that's something of a record around here given that they normally start
flowering mid Feb.

Daffs are probably 2-3 weeks
away, I don't think it's cold enough to burn the buds.

We have geraniums/pelargoniums in the garden that we forgot to bring in

before
the first frosts. They seem to have survived the frost
Lowest this temperature this year so far is around -4C.

You have been pretty lucky. My pelargoniums did not survive -1° C, although
I've found they can just about handle 0° C. This time I brought all of mine
in once the cold snap was forecast.