Old 05-02-2015, 06:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default chicken poop

Fran Farmer wrote:

Having grown up on a poultry farm (which was free range), I can tell
you that chook poop often clumps in great sheets in the sheds of free
ranged chooks. I know because I earned good childhood pocket money
holding open old feed bags when the sheds were cleaned out once a
year by a market gardener who used to come and clean out each shed,
one by one, by hand before we spread out sawdust and lime to start
the cycle all over again.

Now days you have to wear breathing equipment to do that job :-)

:-)) Yup. I must have inhaled heaps of the fine dust from it over the
years so the slabs of it were all good by way of comparison. At least
that didn't end up in my hair or up my nostrils.