Old 05-02-2015, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Worms

On 04/02/2015 17:42, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 16:18:07 -0000, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

Taking the opportunity of a lovely sunny (but very cold) day, I
decided to belatedly turn over my compost heap. Having finished
I suddenly thought all those lovely thin reddish worms that
were snug in the middle of the heap are now exposed to the
frosty air and if they do not get a move on could freeze.

Are worms susceptible to the cold and have I done a silly
thing!

Food for the birds (well, some, anyway)? Much needed in this cold
spell.

When I do this I watch the resident robin come hop,hopping up. It gives
me great pleasure.