Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Jim Webster

Default Harvest worker required (UK)

Dean Hoffman wrote in message
On 1/11/03 3:05 PM, in article 7F0U9.12411$4k6.1064038@wards, "Old

Codger"
wrote:

I think you are right. Oz is very safety aware and has a practical
and commonsense approach to safety. However, from my memory of that
thread, I am not sure that HSE would always have agreed (at a detail
level). Unless there had been injury, any alleged default would
almost certainly have been discussed and, provided Oz could have
refrained from going onto the attack (I'm sure he could in these
circumstances), there would have been an agreed resolution and a

happy
HSE inspector.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

What is a HSE inspector? It sounds like it might be similar to

swarm of gnats.

Dean

HSE stands for Health & Safety Executive. It is the body basically
charged with over seeing safety at work.
Their inspectors range from well informed and useful (don't laugh, I did
meet one :-)) to hide bound jobs worths.
I suspect that things have got better and worse with the EU. There is
more emphasis on risk assessment as opposed to making sure things are
not a quarter of an inch too short or too long, but by definition you
are now out on your own if something does go wrong.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'