Old 07-02-2015, 06:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Michael Evangelista Michael Evangelista is offline

Default Peppers and Patience

hey all
I'm new to the group, posting from 6000 ft. elevation in southern Utah. This is our weekend to start seeds, and I want it to work this time. I've tried a lot of little kits and trays but never a heat light or mat, whatever I get needs to pay for itself vs. buying starts at our local nursery (and result in plants as big as theirs, but sooner!) Do you have a seed heating mat you love or a starting medium that's superior? How about ways to rig your own, on the cheap?
Any advice appreciated
thanks