Old 07-02-2015, 10:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Ping David E. Ross: rain!

On 02/05/2015 05:50 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 2/5/2015 12:22 PM, T wrote:

However, heavy storms in northern California are what southern
California needs. Most of our water comes by aqueduct from the north.
Our long-term storage depends more on northern snow-pack than on
reservoirs. I am concerned because the forecast also indicates
above-average temperatures all across California, which will limit the
amount of snow in the north.

Yesterday it started with 90 MPH sustained winds and blowing sand.
At times visibility was only about 50 feet.

Blew down both my side fences and messed up both my gates.
The whole county is in a terrible mess.

Then last night the wind died down to 35 MPH and it rained
all night.

Today, the wind in down to 25 MPH and it rains off an on.

No damage to my house. Other had their roofs blown off.
Virtually no fence in the county did not sustain damage.

I guess you should be careful what you wish for.

The sand blew right through your windows. The sills are
dark brown with the stuff. At least with the rain now,
the blowing sand is gone.