Old 08-02-2015, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Ping David E. Ross: rain!

On 02/07/2015 04:24 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

I'm not hopeful about snow. The entire state has been experiencing
above average temperatures.

There is snow out the back window on the back side of the (10,000 to
14,000 foot) Sierras. But Lake Tahoe got rain, so it is pretty high
up. Tahoe and Carson City are about the same elevation. But
Carson City is not in the rain shadow.

Since Maritime Tropicals (this storm) alternate with Maritime
Polar storms, the next one should be pretty cold.

Hopefully, only moderate windows this next time. I was
waiting to see a wild horse go flying by my window.