Old 08-02-2015, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Michael Evangelista Michael Evangelista is offline

Default Peppers and Patience

I make a killer Mexican pickled vegetable mix, but Jalapeno is as hot as I go for those. The goal this year is to grow everything that goes in the mix, the big question mark is how to have cauliflower ready at the same time as the carrots and jalapenos...we'll see, there's always the produce section to back me up.

Last year I made a really pretty bright orange hot pepper sauce, it started out as 4 quarts of pepper puree and ended up as less than 1 quart cooked down. Seeking the perfect pepper blend this summer.

I'll look for Carmen peppers, also interested in anything near jalapeno heat level (i.e. you can actually eat the things) but maybe larger, less processing etc when I make my pepper sauce.

thanks for all the tips, great to have found this fun group.