Old 08-02-2015, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Michael Evangelista Michael Evangelista is offline

Default Peppers and Patience

I got a heat mat from amazon , comes with a little plastic starter dome that will probably last one or two seasons, but together less than a similar mat alone. Now comes the question of light.

My workbench has a regular shop florescent fixture about 5 feet above the work surface. It is fixed (can't lower it) but I could hang a separate light below it, or swap out the tubes for super-UV or whatever bulbs you use, if it would work from that height. It is also next to a window, which will add some ambient but not direct sunlight during the day.