Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Dean Hoffman

Default Harvest worker required (UK)

On 1/11/03 5:15 PM, in article , "Jim
Webster" wrote:

HSE stands for Health & Safety Executive. It is the body basically
charged with over seeing safety at work.
Their inspectors range from well informed and useful (don't laugh, I did
meet one :-)) to hide bound jobs worths.
I suspect that things have got better and worse with the EU. There is
more emphasis on risk assessment as opposed to making sure things are
not a quarter of an inch too short or too long, but by definition you
are now out on your own if something does go wrong.

--
Jim Webster

I remember the earlier posts about livestock tracking. It's entirely
possible here in Nebraska, U.S.A. for a critter to go its entire life
without inspection. The only inspection would be at the packing house.
There is a vet at the sale barns to keep a rough eye out for disease there.
Some areas have brand inspection laws. I don't know how stringent the
tracking is.
We don't have anything like safety inspections on farms. Some states
require electrical inspections for equipment installed by professionals. A
farmer can do his own wiring without inspection.

Dean