Old 09-02-2015, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Daffs in supermarkets

On 08/02/2015 11:37, Derek wrote:
On Sat, 7 Feb 2015 17:45:08 +0000,

Before anyone says how daft to ban Daffs from being near the vegetable
section Iexpect that it really means 'bulbs' as they may be confused with
onions.

because daffs are often sold 'in
the bud' the stems and leaves get mistaken by Chinese for a type of
chive

Hard to believe, but maybe someone has mistaken them for Lemon Grass.

Looking in Tesco today, it's as I thought no leaves with our daffs;
and no recipe leaflet for them either; No way could you mix them up with
the bunched salad onions.