Old 09-02-2015, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Daffs in supermarkets

David Hill wrote:

Looking in Tesco today, it's as I thought no leaves with our daffs;
and no recipe leaflet for them either; No way could you mix them up with
the bunched salad onions.

I saw them in Sainsbury's last week, and did wonder why, with a
dedicated flower display island, they decided instead to place
the daffodils some distance away adjacent to the fresh fruit and
veg.

I can only presume that it is somehow related to their being in
bud, and therefore not suitable for being shown off.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.