Old 10-02-2015, 03:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Weird tomato

Gary Woods wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

One of my San Marzano tomatoes has different leaves , heart shaped
rather than lobed like all the rest . Wonder what it'll grow ? Guess
I'll just have to wait and see ... I have that seedling marked , and
plan to keep track of where it gets planted .

Sounds like "Potato Leafed," usually a trait of older heirlooms.
Either a cross or a sport. Could be interesting...

You and George both used the term "sport" . I've heard the term , but am
unsure of it's meaning . These were all open pollinated seeds I got on the
internet and I have been very pleased with the germination rates , easily
99% in the ones i got .
It'd be nice I guess if this were a throwback . It'll be planted and
monitored , it's got me curiouser and more curiouser !
--
Snag