Old 10-02-2015, 06:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Scientists lie?

On 10/02/2015 1:35 AM, songbird wrote:
perhaps Frank feels lonely now that Billy isn't around
to kick his butt once in a while?

Have you heard from Billy? I was just wondering what happened to him a
few days ago.

Fran, you have far more patience than i would ever
have in dealing with this sort of thing.

I worked for government for 40 years in one capacity or another and I
spent a lot of that time fighting bullshit and propaganda of one sort or
another. All governments try to spread it as does every money making
commercial enterprise. It goes by the name of 'policy' for government
and 'advertising' from commerce.

Before our Public Service took on the politicised form favoured by the
US, it was the duty of people such as myself to provide advice "without
fear or favour". That meant we were there to protect the interests of
the citizens of this country and not there just to serve government whim.

The perpetuation of bullshit, and especially bullshit based on ignorance
or self interest, gets right up my left nostril. Climate Change denial
is bullshit.