Old 10-02-2015, 07:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Scientists lie?

T wrote:
On 02/09/2015 06:35 AM, songbird wrote:

Hi Songbird,

There is a lot of evidence out there that Global
Warming is bunk. You don't have to rely on Frank's
reference.

No there isn't. There is a lot of propaganda.

Hi Dave,

Actually, Global Warming comes off like that to me. I
have a strong science background as an engineer and
all my alarm bell are going off, especially the part
about not accepting any dissenting opinion and persecuting
those that do. Just look at all the name calling on this
group towards those that dissent.

Lysenkoism is a classic example of politicians (Stalin in this case)
commanding that scientists act the way the politician wants to fulfil a
certain political objective. The State doesn't do that quite as
blatantly now but allows big business to take the lead.

True. Has to do with who waxes whose hand the most. Big
business could not get away with this without even
bigger government. The two feed off each other. And
the public suffers.

Sadly too many
politicians meekly follow on and swallow the lies

Ice core sample have shown that CO2 emission have
always occurs "after" a rise in global temperature.
Be careful about calling dissenting opinion "lies".

And the Global warming crowd has been caught fudging
and out right fabricating in a number of instances.
Sea levels are not rising; Pacific atolls are not
being covered up; ocean data shows the Earth is
cooling slights over the past 10 or so years.

from the fossil fuel
industry because it is convenient to their own political leanings,
rather than go to the source and ask what does the science really say.

Lysenkoism sound to me exactly like the tactics the Global Warming
crowd is using, including the use of extremist religious terms
like "Denier". And you lose your government funding and get
called all kinds of names. Fortunately you don't disappear,
yet.

A lot of this non-sense has to do with never ending government
funding to prove a government viewpoint. Another example
of this is funding to prove serum cholesterol and arteriosclerosis
are somehow related, even though there is no evidence of such
in autopsy studies. Look at all the damage the drugs (Statins)
are doing to people for absolute nothing. But it will never
stop as long as the government funding flows.

Our grandchildren will wear the consequences. But the current mob in
power don't see that as a problem, as to look to the future requires
statesmanship, all we get is politics.

True. If you are correct our grandchildren a big mess. If I
am correct and the Global Warming crowd gets their way, we/they
in for a lot of tyranny.

Nice we can talk about this as gentlemen. Geez there are a lot
of sore heads on your side of this issue.

-T