Old 11-02-2015, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default Fertilizing roses

On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 3:49:51 PM UTC-8, David E. Ross wrote:
On 2/9/2015 1:26 PM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Have to confess, fertilizing is one of my weakest areas, garden-wise.

Ex: Always afraid to fertilize roses, too soon after pruning.

Pruned late January.

ISTR wait till first buds appear? Or?

Wd appreciate input from members *with similar climates* (So. Calif Coastal).

Also your guides to best Internet sites. There's overwhelmingly much out there.

TIA

HB

My roses are already showing leaves, so I fed them yesterday. I gave
them a mix of ammonium, iron, and magnesium sulfates (listed in
declining amounts).

Tx, David. How is this different from commercial rose food from nursery?
I don't have one handy to compare formulae.

TIA

HB

--
David E. Ross