Old 11-02-2015, 04:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default Fertilizing roses

On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 9:53:34 PM UTC-8, Fran Farmer wrote:
On 10/02/2015 8:26 AM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Have to confess, fertilizing is one of my weakest areas, garden-wise.

Ex: Always afraid to fertilize roses, too soon after pruning.

Pruned late January.

ISTR wait till first buds appear? Or?

Wd appreciate input from members *with similar climates* (So. Calif Coastal).

Also your guides to best Internet sites. There's overwhelmingly much out there.

Every 6 weeks once Spring gorwth commences is what I plan. Of course I
never manage to keep to that schedule but litte and often is the way to go.

Do you have "Sudden Impact for Roses" in the US? If you do, I use that
and recommend it as does one of this countries better known rosarians.
http://www.neutrog.com.au/sudden-impact-for-roses/

Thanks for reference! Will look up.

Have fertilized so little & so haphazardly over the years ...decades! There is a school of thought (not that I follow them) that holds roses are so tough you can do or not do almost anything to them.

Will try a little love this year.

HB