Old 12-02-2015, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Another John Another John is offline

Default Rose pruning advice sought

In article ,
Spider wrote:

lots!

Spider - brilliant - thanks very much, and thanks very much also to
Chris and to Frank, who have provided great advice, and videos. (Of
course, one can always google for advice (and videos), but googling is a
poor substitute for getting the wisdom born of experience, such as we
see in a group such as this!)

Just for the record Spider, no that's not a crack in the soil -- it's a
dead twig actually :-) The soil is in fact very wet; moreover, a mole
has been churning up hills around there, and while I was working
yesterday (for five hours!), my boots regularly acquired an inch or two
of the stickiest mud I've known. [I was reminded of a Desperate Dan
episode where he walks around and around in the snow, to build his boots
up so he can reach the top of a house!]

I've now finished the new arch and will enthusiastically put all your
good advice to use.

Thanks again to all
John