Old 12-02-2015, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Phalaenopsis - gonner?

"Jeff Layman" wrote

On 12/02/15 15:13, Spider wrote:
Young plantlets (keikis) occasionally develop on old flowering
stems; just a tiny leaf at first, then aerial roots and more leaves.
When big enough to support itself, it can be removed and potted up.

One of my Phals has just started forming a keiki. It has a couple of leaves
about 15 mm or so long. Any idea how many months it will be before roots
appear?

My experience is that they grow at the same time as the leaves. I have one
on a plant at the moment, leaves, roots and two flowers with another small
spike growing. I want to cut it off and pot it up but it's doing so well
where it is.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.