Old 12-02-2015, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Another John Another John is offline

Default Rose pruning advice sought

In article ,
Spider wrote:

Glad the arch is in place. Any chance of a pic once the rose is in
flower? You've been so helpful to your friend, I'm sure they'll let you
in again with your camera:~).

Thanks again. Yes - I actually look after the garden for this friend
(who's working out of the country). He pays me! However I don't do it
for the money (I don't charge him that much) -- I do it for the sheer
joy of working, alone, in a quiet spot in the country, and for the
enormous satisfaction of keeping the garden "under control" (if not
burgeoning) while he's away.

So yes -- I'll put up pictures when the roses flower. In fact, here's
the arch; those posts look a bit high, but they're two feet into the
ground (where I hit rocks). Roses still hauled back, because I might
stain the arch before letting them back on:

http://tinypic.com/r/2hf8mtg/8

J.