Old 13-02-2015, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Scientists lie?

In article
Hypatia Nachshon writes:

But our whole capitalist-driven social structure (and I am a
card-carrying capitalist but with a human heart!) is directed at
creating an educational system [chuckle] whose aim is to turn out
consumers of [often bad] products people don't really need, and
[almost always bad] ideas that profit only Our Corporate Masters
and their whore-lackeys in Congress.

I read Brave New World somewhere around 1983. I recall finding the
component about obligatory consumption to be silly hyperbole.

I now think that Huxley's presentation was understated.

--
Drew Lawson

". . . And I never give a reason"
-- God, as channeled by Seven Nations