Old 13-02-2015, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Stroll round the Eden Project

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 13:46:56 +0100, Martin wrote:

I run 32 bit Win7.

Linux is much, much faster...

I stopped using G Earth because it was so slow, however with the latest
version once the long start up is over it is very fast.
I haven't tried it, but apparently GE is controllable with a joystick.

So I checked and apparently I did install google earth at some point on
this computer. It sort of works, I was able to "fly" to Normandy, but if
I type an address in the box I get an illegal request error. Anyway I
was able to see that the imagery is from 2010, same as maps.

It booted very quickly, certainly under a second. But this is a 3.7 ghz
Ivy Bridge i7 with operating system and most executables on SSD, so it
better be fast!

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy