Old 13-02-2015, 09:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default California Drought

On 02/13/2015 10:14 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
The State Department of Water Resources (DWR) released its 1 February
update of hydrologic conditions. The combined content of the 12 most
significant reservoirs is only 37% of their capacity. The snowpack
water content statewide is only 25% of average for this date.

We are still in trouble.

Hi Dave,

Went fishing on easter sierra slope river yesterday. This
river turn the color of brown like coffee and cream when
there is run off. No sign of any color change. (It is all
soaking in) And little water level change. And we have
had 70F days in February. And the snow on the 14,000 ft
peaks is already melting. Hardly any left

So, as you say, it looks like we are for trouble, a lot of
trouble. Fire season should be a hum-dinger this year.

We need a bunch of cold maritime polar storms to
blow through and dump a ton of snow.

-T