Old 14-02-2015, 02:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nil[_3_] Nil[_3_] is offline

Default California Drought

On 13 Feb 2015, T wrote in rec.gardens:

Went fishing on easter sierra slope river yesterday. This
river turn the color of brown like coffee and cream when
there is run off. No sign of any color change. (It is all
soaking in) And little water level change. And we have
had 70F days in February. And the snow on the 14,000 ft
peaks is already melting. Hardly any left

My sister lives at the base of the mountains below Tahoe. I notice that
it's been close to 60 degrees F there lately, and she tells me that
there is little snow on the mountains. The ski areas must be hurtin',
and I bet it will affect the water table in the valley below come
springtime.