Old 14-02-2015, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek[_2_] Steve Peek[_2_] is offline

Default Raised bed

Premier, Climax and Tifblue, purchased from the top nursery in our area.
We will probably go back to a nearby market farm and pick both blue and
black berries plus figs.

I have those 3 plus 8 other varieties. Premier and Climax are early, Tifblue is mid-late season. Tifblue tends to get very tall, so you may have to keep it topped. Remember they are very shallow rooted, mulch well for the life of the plant. If you are looking for other varieties, Powderblue is a highly productive mid season plant and my very favorite for fresh eating, pick Centurian for huge, late berries. My other plants are Northern Highbush so I don't think you would be interested.

I have an acre plus of blueberries, 700 or so plants. My picking season runs from late May through frost. I did a lot of study with the Ag extension office of NC State U and planned for a long picking season. So fat it's worked out pretty well.

Good luck with them,
Steve