Old 15-02-2015, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Packaged Food

On 02/14/2015 08:52 AM, Drew Lawson wrote:
Headline:
Your healthy habits are eating into the packaged foods industry

I thought some here might be interested. An article on how packaged
food profits are down, and attributing it to the assorted "healthy
eating" trends.

They aren't going away, but I found it interesting that the effect
was as large as it seems to be (at least according to this author).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/b...oods-industry/

http://preview.tinyurl.com/mcfgnuw

Hi Drew,

Yipee!

More people home cooking is good. Unless they are all goes out
to eat or ordering in.

Somewhere I heard, but can not verify, that the Primal/Paleo
crowd (I am one of them) has really put the hurtin' on
candy bar sales too.

Home cooking "implies" they eat with someone, although not
all the time. Family/friends/loved ones/tribe is very
important to our health too. Those you are born to and
those you find.

Also, if home cookers do not reduce their carbs to under
toxic levels, home cooking will not help the number of
people being injured by it (T2 Diabetes). It will help
in a lot of other mattes though -- baby steps.

-T