Old 15-02-2015, 08:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Runnin' out ...

of room ! I kinda knew this was going to be a problem , and had several
ideas in mind . As I repot my seedlings into 4" round pots it's getting
kinda crowded on my window shelf . The square ones oughta be here tomorrow
.... which will help some . I'm moving the ones in the smallest cells first ,
they seem to be laggig and I think it might be because of limited root space
.. Even with the new pots , I'm probably going to have to enlarge the shelf -
and probably the one I added above it today .
Hopefully this will be a short-lived problem , I think that by March 1st
or so I'll be able to move them into the little greenhouse I'm planning to
build onto the south side of the house . The key will be night-time temps .
I'll need to maintain minimum 40° to 45° overnight temps before I dare move
them out . Insulation may be called for ... because 65° would be much better
..
I just hope the planned 30" x 96" is going to be big enough ! Got 2 weeks
to get it built , better get off my lazy butt . Looks like I'll be getting
that head start I was looking for ... the pumpkin I planted for a germ test
is about to bloom with male flowers . SaWeeeeet !
--
Snag
80-something seedlings and growing ... c'mon Spring !