Old 15-02-2015, 10:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Scientists lie?

With the greatest respect for NG members who try to engage climate
change deniers, save your electrons. Deniers NEED this belief
system! to give it up would damage their selves.

Incidentally, do people realize there still exists a Flat Earth
Society?

LOL. You are probably right about both, but I suspect the Flat
Earthers probably belong to that group with their tongues firmly
planted in their cheeks.

'Fraid not.

If you want a break from reality and/or a few laffs & tears, visit

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

and click on their links (including maps!)

Inter alia, Wikipedia has an article on the history of the movement.

HB

We are way OT now but just one more titbit before I behave myself.

Some books for those who want to know mo

"Merchants of Doubt" Oreskes & Conway, The lobby for tobacco and against
climate change.

"The Republican War of Science" Mooney, When politics controls not just
opinions but data.

"This Changes Everything" Klein, The relationship between growth, capitalism
and climate denial.

--
David

Corporate propaganda is their