Old 16-02-2015, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default Scientists lie?

On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 2:17:08 PM UTC-8, David Hare-Scott wrote:
With the greatest respect for NG members who try to engage climate
change deniers, save your electrons. Deniers NEED this belief
system! to give it up would damage their selves.

Incidentally, do people realize there still exists a Flat Earth
Society?

LOL. You are probably right about both, but I suspect the Flat
Earthers probably belong to that group with their tongues firmly
planted in their cheeks.

'Fraid not.

If you want a break from reality and/or a few laffs & tears, visit

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

and click on their links (including maps!)

Inter alia, Wikipedia has an article on the history of the movement.

HB

We are way OT now but just one more titbit before I behave myself.

Some books for those who want to know mo

"Merchants of Doubt" Oreskes & Conway, The lobby for tobacco and against
climate change.

THE gold standard! Have read & re-read, and followed them on Frontline and other media. They not only have serious academic cred, but present information in digestible form which is what's required to get the attention of hoi polloi. As an early leader in the battle for non-smokers' rights back in the REALLY bad old days, I am very glad their work has received wide attention.

"The Republican War of Science" Mooney, When politics controls not just
opinions but data.

Chris Mooney writes voluminously on environment. Not having read him myself, I can't say where he is on the (chuckle) political spectrum.

"This Changes Everything" Klein, The relationship between growth, capitalism
and climate denial.

Klein is a vicious ideological opponent of Israel; inter alia, she is a proponent of the infamous BDS movement. She belongs to the lunatic far-far-Left fringe.

There is a great deal of healthy writing out there to educate us without ingesting the ejaculations of this ideological "merchant of hate"

HB

Corporate propaganda is their
protection against democracy