Old 16-02-2015, 04:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Packaged Food

In article
"David Hare-Scott" writes:

I cannot understand why the time it takes to cook fresh food, in some cases
no more than prepared food, is such a problem to people.

I can only speak for myself, and the answer would be ignorance. I
don't really know how to cook much. I know how to follow a recipe,
but I can't look in the fridge and think of what can be done with
what I see. Fortunately, I am also an exceedingly boring person,
so I am okay with eating a small number of dishes. (Leftovers from
roasting a 9 lb chicken can carry me pretty far.)

I cannot
understand how so many spend time and money going to the gym or jogging
instead of working in the garden. I know not everybody can have a garden
but so many who could don't try.

Well, it is currently 8F in my area, so I'm going to the gym later.
The garden will have to wait at least 6 weeks.

But lots of people find gardening to be dirty, and not the fun kind
of dirty.

--
Drew Lawson | Radioactive cats have