Old 16-02-2015, 05:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Packaged Food

In article
Fran Farmer writes:
On 15/02/2015 3:52 AM, Drew Lawson wrote:
Headline:
Your healthy habits are eating into the packaged foods industry

Well that can't come soon enough IMO.

I thought some here might be interested. An article on how packaged
food profits are down, and attributing it to the assorted "healthy
eating" trends.

Thank you, I did find it interesting. The first thing I found
interesting was the picture of all those cans of food. I don't know
American can labels but from those I could read there was canned
ravioli, lasagna and cheese something or other and I'm sure there was
that distinctive shape of cans of Spam in there.

The near field is Chef Boyardee, canned pasta with very mild and
very sweet sauces. It is something many in the US grew up on,
and qualified as comfort food for my wife until she had to cut
things like that from her diet.

I loved it (especially the ravioli) as a kid. Now I have trouble
being in the same room as someone eating it.

The most disturbing thing about that article is the mention of eating on
the run and buying MacDonalds and other fast food stuff.

How can people not be organised enough to shop for food and get up early
enough to shower AND have breakafst? We dinosaurs do not understand that.

Unless I've cooked something with major left-over potential, it can
be a challenge for me to get out the door in the morning with
something for lunch. I used to end up with something-on-a-bun
several times a week. When I cut out the buns and fries, I had to
play more carefully. I still end up ar Chipotle about once a week
for lunch.

--
Drew Lawson | We were taking a vote when