Old 16-02-2015, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Packaged Food

In article
Fran Farmer writes:
On 17/02/2015 4:03 AM, Drew Lawson wrote:

Unless I've cooked something with major left-over potential, it can
be a challenge for me to get out the door in the morning with
something for lunch. I used to end up with something-on-a-bun
several times a week. When I cut out the buns and fries, I had to
play more carefully. I still end up ar Chipotle about once a week
for lunch.

Is that because you don't include lunch foods into your shopping list?
I know a lot of people don't for a lot of their working lives.

I'm not exactly sure what "lunch foods" are. I've cut out most
bread, so I don't make sandwiches. I could pack up the content of
a sandwich, but would need to do that in the evening. The morning
schedule is too hectic.

My favorite lunch is pot-roast leftovers, but I don't often think
to buy a roast. That use dto be my wife's meal to cook, but it no
longer fits her left-over preferences, so she doesn't volunteer
much. I can eat lasagne for a week, but since it makes her sugar
spike, I don't cook it as often as I used to.

I have lots of cookbooks that I should use, but trying something
unfamiliar when I only have about 2 hours left to the day after
work is not inviting.

--
Drew Lawson I had planned to be dead by now, but
the schedule slipped, they do that.