Old 16-02-2015, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default Scientists lie?

On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 8:04:16 PM UTC-8, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
"This Changes Everything" Klein, The relationship between growth,
capitalism and climate denial.

Klein is a vicious ideological opponent of Israel; inter alia, she is
a proponent of the infamous BDS movement. She belongs to the lunatic
far-far-Left fringe.

There is a great deal of healthy writing out there to educate us
without ingesting the ejaculations of this ideological "merchant of
hate"

HB

I don't accept every word in any of the books I listed but I recommend them
as presenting some good facts and some good ideas worth thinking about

I am more interested in the ideas Klein presents on the specific topic than
her general demeanour or its perception, or what she thinks of Israel.
People we dislike can say good things and those we like can say bad things.
The great Linus Pauling (the only person to get two Nobel Prizes in his own
right) said a lot of crap about vitamin C.

Expressing your loathing of the author of a book you haven't read is not a
useful book review. Anyway back to radishes.

1. My comment was not a "book review", useful or otherwise.

2. You are assuming I have not read it.

3. There is so much useful, FACT-BASED research out there on [topic] that I see no reason to reward by my recommendation a writer on Subject A who has taken sickeningly immoral positions on Subject B. People are all of a piece. A links to B.

HB

--
David

Corporate propaganda is their