Old 19-02-2015, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Scientists lie?

Frank wrote:
On 2/17/2015 6:29 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Frank wrote:
Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
"This Changes Everything" Klein, The relationship between growth,
capitalism and climate denial.

Klein is a vicious ideological opponent of Israel; inter alia, she
is a proponent of the infamous BDS movement. She belongs to the
lunatic far-far-Left fringe.

There is a great deal of healthy writing out there to educate us
without ingesting the ejaculations of this ideological "merchant
of hate"

HB

I don't accept every word in any of the books I listed but I
recommend them as presenting some good facts and some good ideas
worth thinking about I am more interested in the ideas Klein
presents on the specific
topic than her general demeanour or its perception, or what she
thinks of Israel. People we dislike can say good things and those
we like can say bad things. The great Linus Pauling (the only
person to get two Nobel Prizes in his own right) said a lot of
crap about vitamin C. Expressing your loathing of the author of a
book you haven't read is
not a useful book review. Anyway back to radishes.

I looked over your list of books and it is obvious from the titles
what the conclusions are.

#1 not obvious but you could probably make a fair guess.
#2 really obvious
#3 you must be a mind reader

But aside from the facile observations that the content of many books
has a relationship to their titles did you read any of them? Do you
have any observations about whether they supported their conclusions
or not, or do you make it a point to only read books that support
your politics and pre-conceived ideas?

Not did I read any of them, but why should I read any of them.

Only to be able to judge whether the conclusions were justified by the
evidence presented, clearly not something you are too concerned about. You
prefer to make snarky comments about them based on ignorance - which is of
course your right.

--
David

Corporate propaganda is their