Old 21-02-2015, 02:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Scientists lie?

On 02/20/2015 06:01 PM, Frank wrote:
On 2/20/2015 8:04 PM, T wrote:
On 02/08/2015 09:43 AM, Frank wrote:
Who would have thunk it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/eart...ndal-ever.html

Hi Frank,

Here is a fun read from the non-idealogical (non-religious)
side of climate studies.

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/im...not_rising.pdf

"The President of Tuvalu continues to claim that his islands
are being flooded. Yet the tide-gauge data provide clear
indications of stability over the last 30 years (Mörner,
2007ac, 2010b; Murphy, 2007). In Vanuatu, the tide gauge
indicates a stable sea level over the last 14 years (Mörner,
2007c)

Great telemetry too

That is only a tiny tid bit of the article. It sounds like
Tuvalu has their hand out for money!

-T

Can't wait for Professor Nils-Axel Mörner to be called a known liar
by the Lysenkoists, yada, yada, yada . (Then they will discover
that -- surprise -- "-T" is actually "Todd!" Duh!!!)

Religion and politics need to butt out of science.

Whether warming, cooling or neither, the science has been highly
politicized mainly by those that are government control freaks, i.e.
progressives/liberals. Just trying to point out that it is not beyond
scientists to cherry pick data or even lie for their own advancement or
for their political views.

Seen that myself.

Having worked most of my life in R&D I found
the majority of scientists bent to the left as if they had never left
the university.

Hi Frank,

There was a study about 20 years ago that set to prove that
countries that had low fat diets had less heart disease.
He left out all the considerable data on counties where the
had high fat diets and low heart disease. He even went so
far as to make his test in Crete during Orthodox Lent, when
the eat little meat, to prove his point. I don't remember the
exact name of the study. We are still suffering from his
fraud to this day.

Global Warming has been around for long enough that the models
have had time to pan out. They couldn't predict if the sun
was to rise tomorrow they are so bad. But, as long as the
endless funding continues ...

Which Communist said that they would never try to take our freedom
by force again, but rather they would convince us to give it to
them willingly? Sounds like he is in full swing.

-T