Old 22-02-2015, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default resisting temptation

songbird wrote:
yesterday out and about, saw packages of bean seeds
i did not have already on display. i looked, i had
the packages in my hand, read the descriptions and
had to tell myself that i really did not need even
more varieties that i don't have room to grow.

i put them back, someone else will have to give them
a new home. later on, if they have them for half price
or better i'll reserve the right to change my mind...

songbird

What kind of bean ? We actually I , but ... grew Kentucky Wonder last
year , but decided we don't particularly like the flavor . This year we're
... going to grow some Blue Lake , since that's the most common AFAIK
canned bean on the grocery shelf . Hey , the flavor you're used to might be
the best one to grow for home canning .
On a side note , my seedlings are doing great 'maters and peppers except
the Anaheims and Jalapenos , both of which I've reseeded in new containers
because the first planting didn't germinate after 3 weeks . Might need more
patience ...
--
Snag