Old 22-02-2015, 05:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Michael Evangelista Michael Evangelista is offline

Default resisting temptation

A friend of mine has about 3 genuine 'Anasazi Beans' from an actual anasazi dwelling. He's stored them in a dark dry jar for 30 years or more, but they could be as much as 1000 years old. He wants me to grow them in my garden since they originally came from this area. We've heard stories of people sprouting and growing them but I'd sure want to do it right. I don't know if we'd try all 3 at once, or one at a time ... or let somebody else who is a bean expert do it! So far I haven't taken him up on the offer but it is almost bean planting time again here. I should probably practice with some similar beans first and see how they do in our soil.