Old 22-02-2015, 05:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Hoop House

On 2/22/2015 11:15 AM, Michael Evangelista wrote:
It turned out pretty good - got our superstrong clear tarp clamped on yesterday under cloudy skies - even transplanted some garlic from last year's garden. This morning I stood in my dry little hoop hut enjoying a cup of coffee in a snowstorm.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2...221_165348.jpg

I still need to put on the ends and finish stretching and clamping the tarp but i'm really pleased with the results so far. Here it is before we put the cover on
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0...214_174317.jpg

Good looking hoop house Michael, what's the berm looking thing behind it
in picture 2? Looks like a nice windbreak to me but I don't live out
where you do. Had a friend who built a camp that looked a lot like that,
was cozy in the winter and cool in the summer. Unfortunately heavy rains
in E. Texas ate it after one year.