Old 23-02-2015, 06:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default resisting temptation

Derald wrote:
songbird wrote:

yesterday out and about, saw packages of bean seeds
i did not have already on display. i looked, i had
the packages in my hand, read the descriptions and
had to tell myself that i really did not need even
more varieties that i don't have room to grow.

i put them back, someone else will have to give them
a new home. later on, if they have them for half price
or better i'll reserve the right to change my mind...

You display remarkable (and somewhat disappointing) strength of
character, an affliction with which I, fortunately, have never had to
contend....

in my defense i was under the influence of
good chinese food from our favorite place.
we've been going there for 40-something years.

Umm... I believe surviving such a crushing revelation deserves a
beer. Think I'll take it and go (wearing short sleeves, BTW) see
whether any peas are ready this morning. Got any more bad news?

we might hit 31F in a week. last night was -19F.
i hope the cold air doesn't get that far south again.

today is beautiful out, bright shining sun. i may
go outside for a few minutes.

Wandos look promising, let us know how they fare.
i've not grown any of them here, but the pods are
thick like the soup peas i grow.

songbird