Old 23-02-2015, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Bird Feed Prices

"Roger Tonkin" wrote

Having run out of sunflower hearts, I decided to have a trawl
through the internet to see how much they cost.
Looking for a 25Kg bag I found that the variation in cost and
sizes available was amazing. Comparing around 15 suppliers,
taking their largest/nearest to 25Kg size the actual cost/Kg
varied from around 95p to £2.35 per Kg. Needless to say, RSPB
were the worst, and their cost that I calculated, did not
include delivery!

How do companies get away with charging so much, or is it our
fault for just going to our usual supplier!

One Garden Centre near here is about £10 per sack cheaper than the rest for
exactly the same "make" sunflower hearts
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.