Old 24-02-2015, 10:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default resisting temptation

George Shirley wrote:
me. Probably thinking, "Crazy ol' coot, you can't get that much stuff
for a quarter." And, when I tell them the quarter was made of solid
silver they still don't believe me.

They will eat lima beans over cornbread though.

lima beans are one of our favorites here but seem to
need a little longer season and a drier fall to really do
well than what we have. i always grow some anyways.
some i will pick them early when the pods are full, shell
them out and cook them up.

i haven't really looked into different varieties of them
yet, but probably should as they might have some that are
earlier and will do better.

as for sweeteners, some folks are developing bee hive
frames that can be harvested without taking the bee hive
apart. wonderful idea.

around this area if you can find someone who makes maple
syrup that is divine. i've been other places where sorghum
syrup is used. haven't used cane syrup too often that i
can remember, i think up here corn syrup is prevalent.

songbird