Old 27-02-2015, 09:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Wrought Iron or Glass Balcony?

Angela Dean wrote:
Thanks for your replies. Sorry to not have been so specific; I mean just
the railings not the entire balcony. I guess I will go with wrought iron
as glass will not really fit in with the rest of my house; I was
thinking about the maintenance issues but now having realised how often
I would have to clean the glass I think that wrought iron is going to
win.

If you are making or getting the rail made consider hot dipped
galvanizing, it will be more expensive but will last much longer with
less maintenance.