Old 27-02-2015, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Bird Feed Prices

"Bertie Doe" wrote

"Roger Tonkin" wrote
Comparing around 15 suppliers, taking their largest/nearest to 25Kg size
the actual cost/Kg
varied from around 95p to £2.35 per Kg. Needless to say, RSPB
were the worst, and their cost that I calculated, did not
include delivery!

How do companies get away with charging so much, or is it our
fault for just going to our usual supplier!

I buy from Food4wildbirds. Carriage is free for any order over £20.

A 25kg sack of sunflower hearts costs £37 or £1.48 per kg including
delivery.
http://www.food4wildbirds.co.uk/

I'd be interested to know of a cheaper online supplier.

I love the comment when they are talking up their Mealworms.......

"They are a delicacy that are loved by an array of birds,Tits, Robins,
Wrens, Dunnocks, Blackbirds, Thrushes."

Actually in our case it's none of the above but Starlings, Magpies and
Crows.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.