Old 28-02-2015, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ermin Trude Ermin Trude is offline

Default Clearing a mossy drive

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:27:14 +0000, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 07:13:31 -0600, Ermin Trude
wrote:

We have a long drive which gets very mossy down each side and the middle
where the wheels don't run. Having spent the last couple of mornings
clearing half of it I wondered if anyone had any experience of products
that would initially clear the moss (I don't mind a bit of physical
effort once it has been killed off) and then *keep it away*.

Googling brings up the usual list of 'infallible' products but I'm
really looking for people's practical experiences of products.

Thanks for reading and hopefully answering.

I always use diluted bleach. About a 200ml in a 7 litre watering can
full of water. It only needs doing about once a year.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I'll give it a try. The RHS website has some lists of
proprietary brands that can be used... which is fine but I find real life
experience better.

To other posters, our drive is steepish and although the wheeltracks keep
clear it can get overrun. Similarly the parking/turning area also gets
mossy and I find it can get spongy wet to walk on as well as algae
causing it to get rather slimy. I prefer my hard surfaces to remain hard
and clear.